Why Must We Have Neighbors?

The crazy (bi polar to the max, loves drama, married to a jealous man) neighbor came over and said that her husband "stole" her dog (one of those tea cup Yorkies) to punish her for spending too much time at Target - she wanted me to give her a ride to his office so she could get the dog.

I told her no, I'll go drive by the office and see if he's there. If he is, you call the cops and leave me out of it. Reason being, if he sees her with me, then I become the target. She's not allowed to ride with anyone. He's told me so.

So I go, he's not there, I get back, her whole house is dark. Whatever. About a half hour later she's at my door again. I told her he wasn't there, she says "then he's drinking at a bar with my dog" and says she's "going to pack clothes and leave."


She says that all the time. IF she leaves, a day later she's back and the fighting continues. She IS insane, but he's one of those "my woman can't be gone longer than I state, can't ride in cars with people, etc.). She says he throws out her clothes, and a litany of other things. She's hard to believe, because she's off her meds half the time. But he adds fuel to the fire at every chance he gets.

I figure the cops will be here sometime tonight, after he gets home. She's dilly dallying leaving until he pulls up. I've seen this show many, many times. Too bad your neighbors aren't part of real estate disclosures.

I try very hard not to get involved with people like that. They love to abuse each other, and each tries to make you feel sorry for them. I mostly say hello and how's it going, and leave it to that.

What I can't figure out is why people stay with people they despise. If someone took my dog as "punishment", it would be the LAST time it ever happened. If someone ever hit me, it better be a good one, because I have brothers. And a gun.

I just don't want to be a part of it. If they want to kill each other, fine. Just leave me out of it. I say this because neither wants to really leave. They fight, separate, get back together, fight again. Over and over and over. She has friends she can go to; he has family. Win/win if one leaves. But they never leave permanently.

Anyone who wants to give me some insight into this is welcome too, but I doubt I'd ever understand it.

All I know is that I'm sick to death of both of them.

Comments

Popular Posts