Save the Greyhounds!!



The Dairyland Greyhound Race Park is closing at the end of the year and 500 greyhounds need homes soon or they will be euthanized...can you help??"They're really low-maintenance dogs," said greyhound owner Kelly Marchand.

"I mean, they run for about ten minutes and they're good to go for the next four hours. They really don't need a lot. They like to sleep all day."

"They're very sweet," says fellow greyhound owner Melissa Sidenstrang.

"They're very gentle. They walk into your house almost as if they've always lived there. They're usually housebroken when you get them. They're very obedient dogs that listen very well."

"They're really, really friendly," says Sage Marchand, whose family adopted a greyhound. "I just think they're beautiful dogs. The best part I like about them is that they are oddly lazy, even though they used to run."

The group says the dogs just want a home.

Story here: http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/70151622.html

For more information, go here: http://www.afgwm.org/

Comments

Thank you so much for finding my blog, Barbara, and I'm going to be one of your followers. My mother passed away this past January at 81--she had been living with me for the last two years of her life due to a raging case of dementia. I wasn't the best caregiver but we generally don't get much training when this happens. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and please know that there are many many people out here who can help to keep you strong. Wish I could rescue one of those beautiful dogs--I'm going to check it out and see, but we already have our hands full with 2 cats and 2 dogs. Good luck and blessings to you!!
Wish we could have one. We already have 5 pets and a small house. Hope they all find homes.
Barbara said…
Mid Century: I can't take any either and it breaks my heart.

Vintage Christine: I'm sorry about your loss. I lost my dad two years ago October to dementia as well. I'm so glad I have blogger friends!
Monica H said…
A friend of mine adopted a Greyhound a few years ago and all that dog ever wanted to do was run circles int he backyard. It left a track inches deep in her lawn. ha ha!

To answer your question about cinnamon chips, the brand I purchased was by Heshey's and found at my local grocery store in the baking aisle. I know they can be difficult to find though. King Arthur Flour Co also sell them.
Barbara said…
Thanks Monica! I'll look for them!

Now, how do I get on your mailing list for baked products? :)

Popular Posts