Okay, so it’s not a lamp made from a plastic leg, but it’s my first and I’m mighty proud!
My favorite chicken lady Anna from Chickens in the Basement gifted me with this major award, and in order to accept, I must tell you seven (that’s 7!) things you don’t already know about me. Gee, what is it that I haven’t already spilled about? Let’s see…
1. I was going to be a journalist and wrote news for broadcast at our local television station way back when. My dad thought that was a terribly insecure job and badgered me until I stopped. Promptly thereafter, he begged me to go back, but being 18 and knowing everything, I didn’t and showed him! (PS: I know, I know.)
2. I was an emergency med tech for two years. If someone cuts you in half, I won’t panic and will keep you alive until the ambulance gets there.
3. I had an IQ of 148 when I was 7. Each year since, it’s dropped 10 points. I’m pretty sure I’m at minus 13 by now.
4. Again, same test, I was not promoted from first to third grade because my social skills sucked! At 7, I was considered “too bossy” to my peers and was kept in my grade level because I thought way too much of myself. That confidence faded upon junior high when my body did not progress as fast as my brain did.
6. I have met or worked with hundreds of “celebrities”. Guess what? Most of them are just like us, the others are assholes. Dick Van Dyke is a very nice man, and Jamie Lee Curtis is a raving bitch. Her yogurt commercials make me gag.
7. I want to meet a guy who owns a farm in some place like North Carolina or Mississippi and spend the rest of my years rescuing animals. Men, feel free to apply. I’m low maintenance and am easily satisfied with simple things. I’m also about 25 pounds overweight. Accept that and good things will come to you.
Thanks again to Anna (who I am jealous that she’s received her Valentine prize and I haven’t yet)!!