Dad’s Letter to Santa, 1932

Found this among my dads things.  He would have been seven when he wrote it 78 years ago.  Jack is his brother, and he’s still around. Dad only misspelled one world.

Jack on the left, Dad on the right.

dad and jack

 “Winters, CA

Dec. 2, 1932.

Frank and Jack

Dear Santa,

Please bring Jack a big red wagon and wold like a tool chest that has 20 pieces of tools.  I am going to be a good boy and study at school. I wold like a steam roller. Jack wold like a stock farm. I wold like a car with Electric lights.  Jack wold like a little milk truck.  The letter is written by Frank.”

santa letter

Isn’t that cute?

I wanted to thank everyone for the Christmas cards…just look at how many I got!

stuff 012

Merry Christmas to you all!  I hope you have a wonderful day with whomever you choose!!

Comments

Dolores said…
You're so lucky to have this special letter from so long ago. It's so sweet!!!!
Merry Christmas!
Love,
fromsophiesview said…
Wallpaper made from Xmas cards..is there a market for it? I dunno! Merry Xmas Barbara...snuggles!
Lisa said…
What nice pencilmanship! I hope they both got what they wanted, such a sweet letter.
Oh how sweet! I don't think I have any childhood letters my folks wrote.

Hope you frame it or keep it special. =)
I hope Frank and Jack got everything they wanted!
What a cute letter and a wonderful memory!
Have a very merry Christmas!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
Wyatt said…
That is such a great letter. It's so nice that you have such a special keepsake.

Merry Christmas!
Wyatt and Stanzie
Awwwww. That is too sweet, Barbara!! My Dad writes a Christmas letter every year and sends it out with the Xmas cards--this year he said he cut waaaay back and "only" sent out 250 cards! It was a great letter EXCEPT FOR HIM TELLING THE ENTIRE WORLD THAT MIKE LOST HIS JOB AND I'M NOT MAKING ANY MONEY AT THE ANTIQUE MALL! Plus he also added that my sister's husband isn't working, either. On the other hand, his dearly departed wife's granddaughter is, once again, a world-traveling, multi-lingual genius. Oh well, as long as Dad's able to write about anything, it's ok by me. Hugs to you!!!!!
♥ Sallie said…
What a beautiful letter and memory!

Hugs,
Emma Rose said…
Stopping by to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Kisses,
Emma Rose
cathycan said…
A priceless treasure! thanks for sharing!
houndstooth said…
How cool to have that letter! I'm betting my dad has some stuff like that still around, he's a pack rat extraordinaire!

Your cards look great!
3 doxies said…
I gotta say dat is a most wonderful keepsake to treasure! Your purty lucky to haves it.
Hehehe...I see my card! Yea, you jang on to dat too...I might be famous oneday.

Have a Merry Christmas sweet Barb!

Puddles
Makes my heart smile, what a treasure:)
Wishing you all the best!
what a treasure to have that letter!

i see the card that i sent you,,, on your wall
love
tweedles

Popular Posts