Giving a party requires diligence. But you must if you want to be known for your style and taste.
Here are some instructions on giving the perfectly snobby party.
1. You must send out personal, hand-written invitations, preferably written in calligraphy with an ostrich feather. It's elegant, and the French do it, so must you.
2. Go purchase brightly covered Japanese pillows so guests can sit on the floor.
3. Make sure you have plenty of booze. Whiskey mostly, because people dig whiskey.
4. Now, waste some serious time making egg hors d'oerves. Serious time.
5. Build a cheese pyramid. Use only French cheese. Anything else would be so tacky.
6. Serve canapes based on other countries. America sucks.
7. Buy as many flowers as your husband will allow. Six or seven dozen at least, half of them in white. To be uber-elegant, use only large, low bowls. Scatter them all over the room until it resembles a morgue. It's very French.
8. Make an olive tree. Seriously. Don't forget the caviar and cucumbers either.
10. Oh yeah... Buy more booze.
11. Get your husband to get more booze and get all the stuff you pretend to use for drinks. We all know no one puts anything into whiskey, but it looks so nice on the bar.
12. Make sure you have no chairs when the guest arrive. It makes it easier to swing into a key party once everyone is there. Clothes will be flying soon. Have a great time, if you aren't completely exhausted by now.
PS: Anakin Man lost his Josie last night. Stop by and leave a note.