My Dear Friend Needs Your Love

My dearest friend and “other mother” Dolores’s husband David is nearing the end of his fight with Alzheimer’s.

While Dolores knows and believes that David will now be with his departed family and God, it’s still a mighty difficult thing to let go of your beloved husband of over forty years.

david and dolores

It would mean the world to me if you could stop by her blog and leave her what I’ve come to call “the love of Blogland”.  She certainly could use something to hold onto right now. I thank you so much if you would do that for Dolores and her family.

Dolores’s blog is Moving Forward with Alzheimer’s and has always been a source of light, not gloom.  Please, please help her through this very, very difficult time.

I love you all, and will be back as soon as I recover from the emergency root canal I had today.  As they say, it’s always something!

Comments

Hi Barbara
I left some love for Dolores.

I hope your toofie gets better.
love
tweedles
Off I go to wish her well. So difficult to say goodbye under any circumstances but this must be heartbreaking.
Eartha Kitsch said…
It just breaks my heart. I have followed their story on and off but somehow lost track of her blog. It's truly just not fair.

Emergency root canal - yuck. Feel better soon, hon.
We will definitely go to visit your friends. Our Dad's father had Alzheimers, it is a very difficult illness, difficult for the afflicted and so hard on all of the family. It is so nice of you to do this for them.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning
Dolores said…
Oh, my sweet daughter from another mother....... you've been such a blessing to me. I truly love you like a daughter!

Thank you so much for your sweet words. David is still alive...... he took good care of his body and now it's keeping him alive, although he's wanting to go. Probably tomorrow or the next day.

Love you!
D

Popular Posts